ROLE: Volunteer Worker
ACCOUNTABLE TO: ABLE FOUNDATION’S BOARD OF TRUSTEES
REPORTING TO: MANAGER – DAY SERVICES
JOB SUMMARY: To assist in the facilitation of a range of activity programmes for service users with learning disabilities.
- To support the day services team in delivering a range of day opportunities that are person centred and in line with individual service user’s needs and wishes and with Able Foundation’s values, policies and practices.
- To ensure that support is person centred and respectful at all times.
- To liaise effectively with other services/professional staff and significant other people in meeting the needs of service users as directed.
- To work in supporting activities outside of the centre as appropriate to the role
- To work within administrative systems of the services as directed by Day Services staff and managers
- To adhere to good health and safety standards as directed in order to ensure a clean and safe environment for all staff, service users and visitors.
- To adhere to the Able Foundation’s Equal Opportunity Policies and Procedures
- To report any instances that could be construed as abusive or poor practice.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times in line with Able Foundation policies and procedures.
- To receive regular formal supervision and undertake training as required.